Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Natural Acts: January 17 - February 21

“Natural Acts”

My new body of work will be on display at Trustus Theatre during its run of a very funny play, Five Lesbian's Eating a Quiche, January 17 - Feb 2. The show is directed by Robin Gottlieb and stars Elena Martínez-Vidal, Dewey Scott-Wiley, Vicky Saye Henderson, Katie Mixon, and Emily Meadows as the  “Susan B. Anthony Society for the Sisters of Gertrude Stein.”

What could be a more delectable pairing than images of food that are suggestive of the female form? At times, I found myself almost blushing as the forms revealed themselves. I'll never see fennel in the same way again. All images were cooked up right in my kitchen turned photo studio.

Mangia!

PS: I will be the 701 Whaley Community Artist April 7- May 18. More to come on that.

No comments: